Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Multigrain Drink

I bought this drink last week and like it. But I suspect the high amount of sugar as well as not sure in terms of the processing. I'd prefer something I prepare myself with all the fibre and guarantee of cleanliness.


So, I went shopping and got all the stuff to cook this:

Ingredients

  • 1.5 cup soy beans (soaked for 1/2 hour and removed skin)
  • 1 cup brown rice (soaked 2hours)
  • 1/4 cup barley
  • 1 piece palm sugar (roughly 60g)
  • 1.5l water
  • 4 tablespoon black sesame seed powder
Steps:
  1. Soaked the ingredients that requires soaking first.
  2. Put all ingredients except the black sesame seed powder in the pressure cooker. 
  3. Cook under high fire till it reaches 2nd bar and then boil another 20mins.
  4. Let it release pressure. If the water get absorb add in more water (I used ready to drink water).
  5. Put all ingredients (including the powder now) in the blender and blend till fine.
  6. Store and fridge and served according to the consistency you like (add water).








No comments: