Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Healthy Energy Ball

Since I'm still breastfeeding, I'm eating non stop and like crazy (get hungry easily). However, I can't just simple snack on junks as I still want to be on diet to shed those extra weights. So, I was looking up for healthy snack and decided to try make energy balls instead. But the initial batches are super unhealthy with too much calories, fat and sugar (I need to be very careful with sugar intake).

Here it is, the healthier version.




Ingredients:

  • 10 pitted dates
  • 1 small piece of seaweed, shred it
  • 1/4 cup of rolled oats
  • 3 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
  • 1/8 cup of dried cranberries
  • 1 slice of ginger, cut to really small pieces
  • a handful of dried coconut flakes to coat
Steps:
  1. Blend all the ingredients together with the blender. Don't need to blend till they are fine, but slightly coarse will do.
  2. Chill in the fridge for at least 20mins.
  3. Use the hand to scoop small amount to form into small balls and coat it with coconut flakes. Make sure you press it hard to avoid it from breaking apart.
  4. Ready to serve. Do store in the fridge if not finish eating it.

No comments: