This project has been put on hold for a long time and finally, I bought the Lodge raw cast iron pan and thought of giving it a test run with this recipe. And it is absolutely fantastic.. it works.
- 100g sourdough discard
- 100g flour
- 105g water
- a pinch of salt
- Mixed the ingredients well and stir it hard up and slam it down. Do this till you see the mixture begin to form "fibre". If too tired or lazy, just use the mixer with the dough hook, that should just take bout 1-2mins, but iIjust needed some hand exercise so i used the hand and the spoon.
- Cover well and store in the fridge to rest over night. you may use the dough once warm to room temperature.
- Heat up the pan at medium heat and lower it once you can start to feel it out of it when u place your hand above it.
- Use the hand to grab the dough mixture and dollop it to the pan. for reference, you can youtube the instruction how to it. However I had done a shortcut/lazy job and used the ladle instead for this task. I drop bout half a dollop on top the pan and quickly spread it out to as thin as I can.
- Once done you may peel it off (I had timed mine at 2mins each) and let it warm up another 20seconds before doing the next sheet. Refer to the video below of me peeling it off and almost burnt my fingers... hehehe
Note: The skin will be rather crispy/tough when you peel it off. Place it on a plate and cover with a piece of cloth. It will soften once it cools down.