Friday, April 3, 2015

Variation to 40mins Bun

Yesterday and today, I tried something different with the 40mins bun and obtain quite a different type of textures.

They are modifications to the recipe of 40mins bun with the following differences:

Ingredients to the dough:
  • 270g warm water
  • 70g oil (I used peanut oil) I used olive oil here instead
  • 10g instant dry yeast
  • 48g sugar I ran out of sugar, so I used honey
  • 1/5 teaspoon salt (7g)
  • 1 egg
  • 300g self raising flour I used bread flour as per requested by the original recipe
  • 245g plain flour
  • lots of oil to work on the dough
  • egg wash n sesame seed no sesame seed for deco, but added 2 tablespoon of chia seed to the dough before kneading
  • fillings are bacon



Conclusion, the buns are super soft and fluffy compared to my initial recipe but it is less soft compared to the initial recipe.

Then the next variation becomes this instead:

Ingredients to the dough:
  • 270g warm water I used water and milk mixture (my daughter can taste the milk)
  • 70g oil (I used peanut oil) I used butter here instead
  • 10g instant dry yeast
  • 48g sugar 
  • 1/5 teaspoon salt (7g)
  • 1 egg
  • 300g self raising flour I used bread flour as per requested by the original recipe
  • 245g plain flour I used self raising flour
  • lots of oil to work on the dough
  • egg wash n sesame seed no sesame seed for deco, but added 2 tablespoon of chia seed to the dough before kneading
  • filling for this is char siew sauce chicken with chives

Conclusion, I still prefer the first variation as it gives that fluffy cottony texture to the bread.

No comments: